Artist Statement

 Artist Statement


I began drawing imaginative pictures and cartoons as a young child. Then as I grew I started drawing more intricate type of designs that I attribute to watching my grandmother as she worked on her tatting. So, as time went on, the imagination and the time that went into creating each of her pieces stayed with me, no matter what I drew or created. 


However, having grown up in a Navy family that moved frequently, and was always on the go... it did not feel normal to me to be quiet or still. Therefore, drawing lace and creating intricate things began to take on a whole new meaning for me. 


So, sitting here in the Wisconsin countryside with my white ink pen... carefully drawing each line... or lightly handling each piece... has become a way to make myself slow down and stop the movement... when the world seems to want me to do everything at their pace and in their time.. 


I've heard it said that lace is "poetry without words". So then, I would hope that my work of poetry stirs up the heart as a sonnet would do. 

 

 

Bio

Coming soon...


 

Comments